Getting Started - Introduction to Cryptocurrency Mining & How to Earn*

All discussions around cryptocurrency mining on macOS and Apple products. Discussion around the most popular crypto coins today including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. Read our getting started guide to understanding cryptocurrency, what you need to get started, and how to earn. What's your Apple Mac setup? Hackintosh? eGPU's? Share your setup and details here.
macminergod
Site Admin

Getting Started - Introduction to Cryptocurrency Mining & How to Earn*

Post by macminergod »

What do I need to get started with mining & earning on my Apple Mac?

1. A crypto wallet. See -> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4

2. An Apple or Mac computer

3. macOS Cryptocurrency mining Software. Install guides and more. See -> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2

4. Choose a coin to mine and join a miner pool. See -> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5 & https://whattomine.com/

Crypto Mining on Mac's FAQ

What is Cryptocurrency? Cryptocurrency or Cryptocoin are types of currency which use digital files as money. Usually, the files are created using the same methods as cryptography. Cryptocurrency, at the moment, is decentralized and is created and regulated by it's users only - unlike the US dollar which is governed by the Federal Reserve.

How are Cryptocurrency transactions recorded and protected? Blockchain is the secure record of each transaction made with Cryptocurrency. On a high-level, miners are computers dedicated to the network to validate all transactions and prohibit any bad actors. Users create cryptographically secure transactions and broadcast them to the network of miners. The miners gather up as many transactions as can fit into a block, and go through a mathematical process to verify the block and add it to the chain of past blocks. Miners are rewarded in freshly minted bitcoin for contributing their computing resources to the network.

Which Cryptocurrencies can you mine? Normally, to mine a cryptocurrency, digital coins must be built on a blockchain architecture that supports proof-of-work (PoW) mining. Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Monero (XMR), Litecoin (LTC) and Dogecoin (DOGE) are examples of coins that can be mined.

Which GPU's & CPU's are the best overall for mining Cryptocurrency today? This will always be debatable as the technology continues to improve. AMD CPU's are known to have the edge but Intel's are also good. NVIDIA and AMD GPU's are both excellent to mine with. You can find more information on specific CPU and GPU models and earning potentials on this site.

Can I make money mining Cryptocurrency on my Apple Mac? Yes. However, it is more difficult to mine Cryptocurrency today because cryptocurrencies, such as BitCoin, increase mining difficulty based on the amount of computing power deployed on it's network. In general, mining crypto using a CPU is hard to be profitable since ASIC miners were introduced. ASIC miners have much more power than traditional Desktop CPU's. GPU mining is still profitable, however newer GPU cards are now restricting Cryptomining on them. With the introduction Apple's M (ARM) chip, a new door has opened to Cryptomining on Apple Mac's. We will be documenting M1, M2, M3, etc. ARM chips crypt mining power and benchmarking their performance. This forum will chronicle as many Apple Mac systems available to buy today and in the past and their overall likelihood of Cryptomining profitability
For Miners Rigs, macOS Hardware GPUs --> here.
Julijasav

Re: Getting Started - Introduction to Cryptocurrency Mining & How to Earn*

Post by Julijasav »

macminergod wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:41 pm What do I need to get started with mining & earning on my Apple Mac?

1. A crypto wallet. See -> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4

2. An Apple or Mac computer

3. macOS Cryptocurrency mining Software. Install guides and more. See -> https://eldfall-chronicles.com/product/2x-golems/

4. Choose a coin to mine and join a miner pool. See -> https://royal-game-of-ur.com/ & https://spartan-agency.com/

Crypto Mining on Mac's FAQ

In order to be added to the blockchain, a transaction must be verified by a network of computers on the blockchain. These computers, known as nodes, use cryptography to verify the transaction and ensure that it is legitimate. Once a transaction is verified, it is added to a block, which is then added to the blockchain. The blockchain is a secure and decentralized record of all Cryptocurrency transactions, and it is constantly being updated and verified by the network of nodes.

In addition to the decentralized network of nodes verifying transactions, Cryptocurrencies also use a variety of security measures to protect against fraud and other malicious activity. These measures include things like encryption, secure hashing algorithms, and the use of digital signatures to ensure the authenticity of transactions.

Overall, Cryptocurrency transactions are secure and protected by a combination of decentralized networks, cryptographic security measures, and the use of blockchain technology to record and verify transactions.

What is Cryptocurrency? Cryptocurrency or Erasmus home are types of currency which use digital files as money. Usually, the files are created using the same methods as cryptography. Cryptocurrency, at the moment, is decentralized and is created and regulated by it's users only - unlike the US dollar which is governed by the Federal Reserve.

How are Cryptocurrency transactions recorded and protected? Blockchain is the secure record of each transaction made with Cryptocurrency. On a high-level, miners are computers dedicated to the network to validate all transactions and prohibit any bad actors. Users create cryptographically secure transactions and broadcast them to the network of miners. The miners gather up as many transactions as can fit into a block, and go through a mathematical process to verify the block and add it to the chain of past blocks. Miners are rewarded in freshly minted bitcoin for contributing their computing resources to the network.

Which Cryptocurrencies can you mine? Normally, to mine a cryptocurrency, digital coins must be built on a blockchain architecture that supports proof-of-work (PoW) mining. Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Monero (XMR), Litecoin (LTC) and Dogecoin (DOGE) are examples of coins that can be mined.

Which GPU's & CPU's are the best overall for mining Cryptocurrency today? This will always be debatable as the technology continues to improve. AMD CPU's are known to have the edge but Intel's are also good. NVIDIA and AMD GPU's are both excellent to mine with. You can find more information on specific CPU and GPU models and earning potentials on this site.

Can I make money mining Cryptocurrency on my Apple Mac? Yes. However, it is more difficult to mine Cryptocurrency today because cryptocurrencies, such as BitCoin, increase mining difficulty based on the amount of computing power deployed on it's network. In general, mining crypto using a CPU is hard to be profitable since ASIC miners were introduced. ASIC miners have much more power than traditional Desktop CPU's. GPU mining is still profitable, however newer GPU cards are now restricting Cryptomining on them. With the introduction Apple's M (ARM) chip, a new door has opened to Cryptomining on Apple Mac's. We will be documenting M1, M2, M3, etc. ARM chips crypt mining power and benchmarking their performance. This forum will chronicle as many Apple Mac systems available to buy today and in the past and their overall likelihood of Cryptomining profitability