GPU Mining on Intel Apple Mac using XMRig and KawPow

All discussions around cryptocurrency mining on macOS and Apple products. Discussion around the most popular crypto coins today including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. Read our getting started guide to understanding cryptocurrency, what you need to get started, and how to earn. What's your Apple Mac setup? Hackintosh? eGPU's? Share your setup and details here.
aenl

Re: GPU Mining on Intel Apple Mac using XMRig and KawPow

Post by aenl »

@zephyr325 well it never showed the cl accepting a job? And on unMineable it never recognized the worker. It went for several hours without accepting a job.
industrialspeakage1

Post by industrialspeakage1 »

industrialspeakage1 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:26 pm With OpenCL / Kawpow: [2021-10-24 15:25:55.223] miner speed 10s/60s/15m 4.87 4.70 4.71 MH/s max 6.15 MH/s
With Random X: [2021-10-24 15:26:16.597] miner speed 10s/60s/15m 3137.3 3013.1 3087.9 H/s max 3306.2 H/s
Is this a good number, or is there something else I should be doing to improve it?
zephyr325

Post by zephyr325 »

Well, depending on your CPU speed / quantity of cores, that's not bad - I'm running a 2.6Ghz CPU, and getting about 450 h/s per core that I'm running it on, so yours seems in the ballpark if you're running in on a lot more cores. Just keep an eye on your CPU internal temperature - the research I've done says you should keep the actual CPU average temperature below 212 degrees fahrenheit / 100 degrees celsius as a normal CPU operating temperature. I hit that by reducing the number of cores it runs on in the config.json's CPU section like this:

"cpu": {
"enabled": true,
(other lines)
"argon2": [0, 2, 4, 6],
Iane

Post by Iane »

Hi all, Im looking for some help. Im a new miner, whats the best software to use on Mac?
vija24

Post by vija24 »

Followed all the steps, but getting this error. Any suggestions are appreciated .
Screenshot 2021 11 15 At 9.52.32 PM
Screenshot 2021 11 15 At 9.52.32 PM (212.76 KiB) Viewed 24771 times
zephyr325

Post by zephyr325 »

A couple of thoughts...this is pointing towards your OpenCL (graphics) setup.
1) Step #4 of this setup - it looks like you're include both the Intel as well as the AMD GPU in this. You need to stick with just the AMD (#1).
2) If that doesn't fix it, you're going to need to start checking out your OpenCL configuration.
SmallSpark

Post by SmallSpark »

aenl wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:34 pm @zephyr325 well it never showed the cl accepting a job? And on unMineable it never recognized the worker. It went for several hours without accepting a job.
I have the same problem. Everything seems to be working except for my machine accepting a job. Under the KawPow tab on Unmineable, it says that there are no workers present as well. Anybody have an idea as to why this is not working?

Thanks!
watersidepanda

Post by watersidepanda »

I have the same problem. Everything seems to be working except under the KawPow tab on Unmineable, it says "You have no KawPow workers online."
Did anyone resolve it?

Update: Few Observations:
- Saw the worker show up after some time and then its disappeared... Not sure whats going on....does not seem to be stable...
- very inconsistent with the coin count update on the unmineable dashboard....
- On the command line it shows 3.5 MH/s and on the unmineable dashboard it shows different numbers...

Thanks in advance.
zcbdfgrg

Post by zcbdfgrg »

vija24 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:25 pm Followed all the steps, but getting this error. Any suggestions are appreciated .
Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 9.52.32 PM.png

Your GPU only has 2gb. Need 3.5gb+ to mine KawPow! So it doesn't look like you'll be able to do it. :(
zcbdfgrg

Post by zcbdfgrg »

watersidepanda wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:26 am I have the same problem. Everything seems to be working except under the KawPow tab on Unmineable, it says "You have no KawPow workers online."
Did anyone resolve it?

Update: Few Observations:
- Saw the worker show up after some time and then its disappeared... Not sure whats going on....does not seem to be stable...
- very inconsistent with the coin count update on the unmineable dashboard....
- On the command line it shows 3.5 MH/s and on the unmineable dashboard it shows different numbers...

Thanks in advance.
Can you post a screenshot of when you start mining? The first 20 or so lines. After dag generation and just when it starts mining?

I have been using this for months now, completely stable. You WILL notice a difference between what your log tail shows, and what the unmineable site shows. The site will report based on how many shares you have actually found. And sometimes it can be a little while before one is found... But it should always be a steady line!
Screenshot_20211120 110335_Chrome
Good luck!