ANNOUNCED: 24" M1 iMAC - Crypto Mining Video COMING SOON!

All discussions around cryptocurrency mining on macOS and Apple products. Discussion around the most popular crypto coins today including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. Read our getting started guide to understanding cryptocurrency, what you need to get started, and how to earn. What's your Apple Mac setup? Hackintosh? eGPU's? Share your setup and details here.
macminergod
Site Admin

ANNOUNCED: 24" M1 iMAC - Crypto Mining Video COMING SOON!

Post by macminergod »

:ugeek: Releases next Tuesday. We will be doing a video on the top of the line iMac that is getting released 4/20! Stay tuned on our website and YouTube channel.
For Miners Rigs, macOS Hardware GPUs --> here.
SteveW928

Re: ANNOUNCED: 24" M1X iMAC - Crypto Mining Video COMING SOON!

Post by SteveW928 »

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what they (Apple) do with it!

I really hope we see eGPU support coming back into the picture as well. And, for me, they need to add a HDMI-in or something to that thing. I can't have a single-use monitor in my setup, so the iMac remains a no-go (I've owned one in the past and loved it otherwise.) If it did have an HDMI in, I'd probably buy one just for the display (and get a M1 Mac thrown in to boot).
macminergod
Site Admin

Re: ANNOUNCED: 24" M1 iMAC - Crypto Mining Video COMING SOON!

Post by macminergod »

So its sounding like these might be the same M1 processors in the Air's, MacBook Pro's, and Mini now. Not sure how useful a test would be on the same hardware, might not see much difference.
For Miners Rigs, macOS Hardware GPUs --> here.
SteveW928

Re: ANNOUNCED: 24" M1 iMAC - Crypto Mining Video COMING SOON!

Post by SteveW928 »

Yeah, it is the same chip, just different chassis/cooling. So, the results shouldn't be much different than the MBP (the MBA doesn't have a fan, so will be lower performance when pushed).

I'm really excited about the future potential of the 'pro' Macs though. I've heard people talking that the anticipated 64-core GPU models, with the right drivers/software, (on paper) should perform about like an Nvidia 3090, possibly better. So, if Apple gets that out before AMD/Nvidia make more advances, they could have a machine that is competitive with the best out there (GPU-wise) with their own GPU.

The drivers/software are the big question mark, and of course that won't matter much w/o them. But, potentially, we might be able to buy a 100+ MH/s second capable Mac from Apple in the not to distant future.