Crypto Mining on Mac's: Intel Mac Mini + MinerGate!!

All discussions around cryptocurrency mining on macOS and Apple products. Discussion around the most popular crypto coins today including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. Read our getting started guide to understanding cryptocurrency, what you need to get started, and how to earn. What's your Apple Mac setup? Hackintosh? eGPU's? Share your setup and details here.
macminergod
Site Admin

Crypto Mining on Mac's: Intel Mac Mini + MinerGate!!

Post by macminergod »

Crypto mining on the fastest Intel Mac Mini Apple produced - the 6-Core 3.2 GHz i7 using MinerGate + Smart Miner. Got around 1.80kH/s hashrate on average. It used 11 cores to mine but looking at the CPU graph an activity monitor, it appears all cores were running. CPU wattage average was around 60 watts using Intel Power gadget. The Mac Mini's fan spun the entire time and temperature was around 144℉. In our other video you see our M1 Air mining at half the hashrate while using only 20 watts of power average. You see a difference and the promising power of M1 and ARM. Visit ​​ for the latest crypto mining software and install guides for macOS and Windows Boot Camp.

Ok, so mining at 1.78 kH/s 24/7 365 days a year at the current XMR market price would net you $0.22 a day or $1.56 a week or $6.70 a month or $81.47 a year. Putting that in perspective more below could mean:

If you have 20x ($1249 per unit currently or $24,980 total) of this Mac Mini unit running 24x7 365 days a year you could net around $1620 a year. At this rate, you would make back your spend in 15.4 years. However, given the current volatility value of crypto, you could make that back much much sooner or much much later, possibly never.

System:
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Mac Mini (2018) (Macmini8,1)
3.2 GHz 6-Core (12 cores total) Intel Core i7-8700B
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 Ram
1 TB SSD
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
For Miners Rigs, macOS Hardware GPUs --> here.