macOS Installation: MoneroCart (Crypto Miner Software)

All discussions around cryptocurrency mining on macOS and Apple products. Discussion around the most popular crypto coins today including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. Read our getting started guide to understanding cryptocurrency, what you need to get started, and how to earn. What's your Apple Mac setup? Hackintosh? eGPU's? Share your setup and details here.
macminergod
Site Admin

macOS Installation: MoneroCart (Crypto Miner Software)

Post by macminergod »

MoneroCart is the easiest and fastest way to mine Monero on any machine. With a simple and intuitive GUI, you'll be up and mining with just a few clicks. What's more, MoneroCart runs quietly without impacting the usability of your machine: by default it mines only when your screen is locked, and it will never drain your battery by mining while on battery power. It also lets you easily adjust the number of threads (compute power) dedicated to mining while it is active.

MoneroCart comes pre-populated with the addresses of organizations supporting privacy preserving technologies, including one that goes directly to Monero development. By mining with MoneroCart, you can support the Monero network not only by adding security through your spare compute power, but also through donating your mining proceeds.

Install MoneroCart on macOS

1. Download MoneroCart for macOS here.

2. Open MoneroCart.app. Create a new user by clicking the "+" button. Add a username, Wallet (your monero wallet address), and then a description.

Monerocart Installation Macos
Monerocart Installation Macos (162.46 KiB) Viewed 3900 times

3. You can set the number of CPU threads your Mac should use to mine. You can set as many threads the app allows, but set it the maximum hyper-threads you have on your system. For example, an 8-Core MacBook Pro has 2 hyper-threads per core for a total of 16 threads.

If you mine on a mac laptop, the MoneroCart will not drain your Mac's battery! This reduces your hashing power, but promises not degrade your battery over time
For Miners Rigs, macOS Hardware GPUs --> here.