macOS Installation: CPU Miner (Crypto Miner Software)

All discussions around cryptocurrency mining on macOS and Apple products. Discussion around the most popular crypto coins today including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. Read our getting started guide to understanding cryptocurrency, what you need to get started, and how to earn. What's your Apple Mac setup? Hackintosh? eGPU's? Share your setup and details here.
macminergod
Site Admin

macOS Installation: CPU Miner (Crypto Miner Software)

Post by macminergod »

CPU miner is a crypto miner for multiple currencies including for Litecoin, Bitcoin, and Dogecoin.

Install CPU Miner on macOS

1. Go to CPU Miner releases and download the latest OSX 64 zip.

2. Unzip pooler-cpuminer-2.5.1-osx64.zip and you will have the minerd application on your Desktop.

Cpu Miner Mac
Cpu Miner Mac (2.46 KiB) Viewed 5987 times

3. Join a mining pool. Go to Aika Pool and find a pool to join. In this example, we will mine Dogecoin. We joined the Dogecoin mining pool and created an account.

Macos Mine Crypto Dogecoin
Macos Mine Crypto Dogecoin (11.2 KiB) Viewed 5986 times

4. Create a new worker. Go to My Account -> My Workers. Name your worker and create a password. You will need this in the next step.

5. Open Terminal. Change your working directory to your desktop (or where minerd is located).

Code: Select all

cd /Users/user/Desktop

6. Type the following command to start mining. The first part starts the minerd miner. We will mine use the scrypt algorithm. We will connect to the aikapool URL address found in our Aikapool dashboard. Finally, we specify our miner worker details including name and password. Example command is below.

Code: Select all

./minerd -a scrypt --url=stratum+tcp://stratum.aikapool.com:7915 --userpass=laptop.macbookpro:password

7. You will immediately begin mining. You can track your earnings in the Aikapool dashboard.

Dogecoin Mining Macos Cpu Miner
Dogecoin Mining Macos Cpu Miner (190.06 KiB) Viewed 5985 times
For Miners Rigs, macOS Hardware GPUs --> here.