Cudo Miner for M1 ARM Mac's?

All discussions around cryptocurrency mining on macOS and Apple products. Discussion around the most popular crypto coins today including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. Read our getting started guide to understanding cryptocurrency, what you need to get started, and how to earn. What's your Apple Mac setup? Hackintosh? eGPU's? Share your setup and details here.
macminergod
Site Admin

Cudo Miner for M1 ARM Mac's?

Post by macminergod »

Anyone know if CudoMiner will be supported for M1 ARM Mac's? Their current macOS installation will install on ARM M1 macs, but it doesn't launch. They should say if it's supported or not.
For Miners Rigs, macOS Hardware GPUs --> here.
SteveW928

Re: Cudo Miner for M1 ARM Mac's?

Post by SteveW928 »

I've gotten the impression that several of these miner apps just want to *advertise* out to the widest possible audience, even if they don't work. (I suppose they hope Mac people install/run, even if it will only mine XMR on the CPU, or such?) When I started into this, I tried a number of apps which claimed to mine on Macs on GPU, but none of them worked. I guess several years ago, a few did, so maybe I just give the benefit of the doubt that they haven't updated their sites?

If you ever DO run across some mining software optimized for the M1 (or later), I'll love to hear about (and probably run right out and buy one).
macminergod
Site Admin

Re: Cudo Miner for M1 ARM Mac's?

Post by macminergod »

SteveW928 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:25 pm I've gotten the impression that several of these miner apps just want to *advertise* out to the widest possible audience, even if they don't work.

Your absolutely correct on that. Oh, and thanks a lot for sharing in the other posts :)
For Miners Rigs, macOS Hardware GPUs --> here.