How to mine ANY Cryptocurrency on your Mac!

All discussions around cryptocurrency mining on macOS and Apple products. Discussion around the most popular crypto coins today including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. Read our getting started guide to understanding cryptocurrency, what you need to get started, and how to earn. What's your Apple Mac setup? Hackintosh? eGPU's? Share your setup and details here.
macminergod
Site Admin

How to mine ANY Cryptocurrency on your Mac!

Post by macminergod »

It is now possible to mine nearly any cryptocurrency - including non-mineable crypto coins - on your Apple Mac. You mine and receive your coins directly in the asset of your choice. In addition, you can mine using popular algorithms including Ethash(GPU), Etchash(GPU), RandomX(CPU), KawPow(GPU). You will mine on Unmineable.com by connecting your favorite mining client to their miner pool. No sign up is required.

1. Go to Unmineable.

2. Search for a coin that you want to mine.

Unmineable Coins
Unmineable Coins (55.4 KiB) Viewed 54624 times

3. Next, select the RandomX algorithm you want to mine with. For the purpose of mining on your Mac, use either Ethash (GPU - ethminer see here) or RandomX (CPU - XMRig see here). Follow our algorithm setup guides below.

Cryptomining ANY coin macOS using RandomX (CPU) - XMRig:

1. Download XMRig for macOS Intel or ARM - see our install post here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7

2. Configure your JSON file. You will need to update the following lines including the algo, user URL from unmineable, and finally your coin type + your address + your worker name.

Code: Select all

"algo": "rx/0",
"url": "rx.unmineable.com:3333",
"user": "BTT:TS3HnoGgwFsL34453dd234b21xNR5m.MyAppleMac",

3. Launch XMRig. You may need to allow to the the client in macOS.

./xmrig 
(change into the XMRig directory, wherever you downloaded it.)

Xmrig Cannot Be Opened Because It Is From An Unidentified Developer
Xmrig Cannot Be Opened Because It Is From An Unidentified Developer (189.12 KiB) Viewed 54629 times
Macos Cannot Verify The Developer Of Xmrig Are You Sure You Want To Open It
Macos Cannot Verify The Developer Of Xmrig Are You Sure You Want To Open It (221.17 KiB) Viewed 54629 times
Xmrig Unmineable Bittorrent Apple Macbook Air M1
Xmrig Unmineable Bittorrent Apple Macbook Air M1 (489.16 KiB) Viewed 54629 times

4. Monitor your earnings at Unmineable by inputting your coin wallet address.

Unmineable Earnings Dashboard
Unmineable Earnings Dashboard (34.94 KiB) Viewed 54629 times

Cryptomining ANY coin macOS using RandomX (GPU) - ethminer:

1. Download ethminer for macOS Intel or ARM - see our install post here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41

2. Launch ethminer. Below is an example string with parameters to use ethash on macOS with Unminable mining pool:

Note: If your GPU meet the minimum memory for Ethash mining (6GB of memory) you can join our ethash pool, however if your GPU have from 3GB you must change the pool url to: etchash.unmineable.com:3333

./ethminer-m1 -P stratum1+tcp://COIN:WALLET.DEVICE@etchash.unmineable.com:3333 -G -R

./ethminer-m1 -P stratum1+tcp://DOGE:DR3r18XfQA2wd3453tggSa6AHEd3mQYVQ.macbook@etchash.unmineable.com:3333 -G -R

Ethminer Macos Unmineable Dogecoin Arm M1 Macbook
Ethminer Macos Unmineable Dogecoin Arm M1 Macbook (531.62 KiB) Viewed 54622 times

3. Monitor your earnings at Unmineable by inputting your coin wallet address.

Unmineable Earnings Dashboard
Unmineable Earnings Dashboard (34.94 KiB) Viewed 54629 times

For more ethminer device and connection options do ./ethminer-m1 --help:
Ethminer - GPU ethash miner
minimal usage : ethminer [DEVICES_TYPE] [OPTIONS] -P... [-P...]

Devices type options :

By default ethminer will try to use all devices types
it can detect. Optionally you can limit this behavior
setting either of the following options
-G,--opencl Mine/Benchmark using OpenCL only

Connection options :

-P,--pool Stratum pool or http (getWork) connection as URL
scheme://[user[.workername][:password]@]hostname:port[/...]
For an explication and some samples about
how to fill in this value please use
ethminer --help-ext con

Common Options :

-h,--help Displays this help text and exits
-H,--help-ext TEXT {'con','test',cl,api,'misc','env'}
Display help text about one of these contexts:
'con' Connections and their definitions
'test' Benchmark/Simulation options
'cl' Extended OpenCL options
'api' API and Http monitoring interface
'misc' Other miscellaneous options
'env' Using environment variables
-V,--version Show program version and exits

Some of the Cryptocurrencies you can mine and get paid in now:

Aave/AAVE, BitTorren/BTT, ICON/ICX, Klever/KLV, Sushi/SUSHI, Uniswap/UNI, WINk/WIN, Yearn.finance,YFI, Cardano/ADA, Algorand/ALGO, Cosmos/ATOM, Algorand/ALGO, Cosmos/ATOM, Band Protocol/BAND, Basic Attention Token/BAT, Bitcoin Cash/BCH, Binance Coin/BNB, Bitcoin/BTC, Bitcoin Gold/BTG, Dash/DASH, DigiByte/DGB, Dogecoin/DOGE, Enjin Coin,ENJ, EOS/EOS, Ethereum Classic/ETC, Ethereum/ETH, FunFair/FUN, Gas/GAS, KyberNetwork/KNC, ChainLink/LINK, Lisk/LSK, Litecoin/LTC, Decentraland/MANA, Metal/MTL, NANO/NANO, NEO/NEO, Qtum/QTUM, Augur/REP, Reserve Rights/RSR, Ravencoin/RVN, Siacoin/SC, Skycoin/SKY, TRON/TRX, TetherUS/USDT, VeChain/VET, Viacoin/VIA, Waves/WAVES, Wrapped Bitcoin/WBTC, Steller Lumens/XLM, Monero/XMR, Ripple/XRP, Tezos/XTZ, Verge/XVG, Zcash/ZEC, Zilliqa/ZIL, 0x/ZRX
For Miners Rigs, macOS Hardware GPUs --> here.