Another AMD GPU Miner - Mac-GPU-Miner

All discussions around cryptocurrency mining on macOS and Apple products. Discussion around the most popular crypto coins today including Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. Read our getting started guide to understanding cryptocurrency, what you need to get started, and how to earn. What's your Apple Mac setup? Hackintosh? eGPU's? Share your setup and details here.
zephyr325

Another AMD GPU Miner - Mac-GPU-Miner

Post by zephyr325 »

Just stumbled across another GPU miner here -> https://github.com/garrylachman/mac-gpu-miner that is giving me about 12KH/second pay rate on moneroocean.stream using my 4GB AMD Radeon 5300 ProM. It's a straight GUI executable, and doesn't seem to have any configuration options, but this is by far the most efficient program I've found to date.

One big caveat - it's got some kind of bug in it that if you stop it, and then restart it later without fully exiting the program, all the shares it sends in are invalid. The workaround is just to make sure you exit the program completely and then start it up once again when you're ready to use it again.
macminergod
Site Admin

Re: Another AMD GPU Miner - Mac-GPU-Miner

Post by macminergod »

Thank you for sharing this. I'll be sure to get it a shot soon..
For Miners Rigs, macOS Hardware GPUs --> here.
macminergod
Site Admin

Post by macminergod »

Results on AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8 GB:

Macgpuminer Amd Radeon Pro 5600m 8gb Macos Crypto
Macgpuminer Amd Radeon Pro 5600m 8gb Macos Crypto (178.11 KiB) Viewed 19551 times

Code: Select all

OpenCL 1|0: auto-tune validate-intensity 520|512
AMD GPU 1: Share accepted. Pool: gulf.moneroocean.stream:10032

I couldn't get this to work on my M1 Mac it opened and quit. Please let me know if someone is able to.
zephyr325

Post by zephyr325 »

I had to go through the console log when I first installed it to find a couple of libraries it was looking for that I had to install via brew (dyn something?) which the program was looking for to get it to work initially.
macminergod
Site Admin

Post by macminergod »

zephyr325 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:59 pm I had to go through the console log when I first installed it to find a couple of libraries it was looking for that I had to install via brew (dyn something?) which the program was looking for to get it to work initially.
Mind sharing those steps with me and all?

Thanks in advance
zephyr325

Post by zephyr325 »

I had to try to recreate what I did that night - I think this is pretty close to what I had to do:

1) Install Homebrew -> https://brew.sh/

2) I then installed these libraries:

brew install -s libjson-rpc-cpp
brew install openssl
brew install hwloc

3) Run the Mac Console app, and watch the system.log output. See if it complains about not finding specific libraries when you try to run the app.
Arman

Post by Arman »

i've used Radeon RX 5600 XT in the past for GPU mining. and got 40.45 MH/s hashrate and 101 W power consumption for mining ETH (Ethash)